Sunday 27 February 2011

18s

From the Cutlery press(KFS): An anthology of 18-word poems by:

Richard Barrett
Mark Cobley
Emily Critchley
Alex Davies
Stephen Emmerson
Alison Faulds
S J Fowler
Susana Gardner
Harry Godwin
Christine Hamm
Jeff Hilson
Emily Howard
Simon Howard
Peter Hughes
Tom Jenks
Linus Slug
Maria Teutsch
Tom Watts

--
It was Mark Cobley's idea. My sequence is called Argon & the colourful - I used a typewriter & scannd the results in. I have no idea what it looks like in the book, but I hope it's green.




I've also provided a niner sequence for something, possible angel exhaust - i don't know, details are sketchy, but I used the typewriter for them too. It's refreshing using a different type of keyboard, & it makes each word definite, harder to erase.

Another note - I'll soon be sending off my Dusie Toad sequence from the willows-inspired poems. It's now called TOAD-WHOOPS, & I'm happier with it than I am with the two above sequences. It's been revised & revised & here is a clip:

XI

a traffic cone perched rakishly over
mustard green trousers
              slumped in the shower
in his best Al-Qaeda approved garb
but it was fun
      & fast with some tiny squealy bucks
I like your curtain rail…
    But I must say I remember some
bizarre conversation LOL from acorns

No comments:

Post a Comment